Sep 16 2015

It’s Alive!

Categories: General Dave Rathbun @ 9:24 am

Wait… what’s this?

Yes, my blog has a heart beat again. It has been a long time since I’ve been here, and I hope to fix that. I started this morning by reviewing all of the comments that were queued up for approval. I approved most of them and answered quite a few as well. One common question was related to whether my universe comparison macro would work with BI 4.1 or not; I have not had to use it in production on 4.1 yet, but I do have a sandbox environment where I can test that out. Hopefully I will have that done in the next week or two… along with posting the promised update.

Thanks for your patience.

10 Responses to “It’s Alive!”

1. Comment by Carlos Cantu

Great Dave, I look forward to read your new posts.

Thank you!
    Carlos

2. Comment by Lugh

Hooray! Welcome back, Dave!

3. Comment by Smruti Panda

nice to see this one pop up in my RSS feeds…..will watch the space for updates.

4. Comment by Sindhuja

WOW welcome DAVE!!!

5. Comment by Dell Christy

Glad to see you back, Dave!

-Dell

6. Comment by Shriram

Awesome news!!!Missing your articles very badly.

7. Comment by Lavinia

Great news! Looking forward for the next article on calculation context!

8. Comment by anshuman

amazing …. we were missing you

9. Comment by Sabrina

I am willing to pay/ subscribe to efashion, estaff, Island Resort BUSINESS OBJECTS WEB INTELLIGENCE sandbox. Can anyone let me know. My email: feebie888@yahoo.com

10. Comment by Dave Rathbun

Hi, the easiest way to accomplish this would be to use everything using a local Access database file. Or if you’re ambitious you could convert the various Access databases to a real relational database ;) like Oracle or MySQL or SQL Server. I believe all three offer a free personal version.

If you want to include formulas or code in your comment, please read my Tips for formatting comments first. Tags you can use are listed below.

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <acronym title=""> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <strike> <strong> <sup> <sub> <u>

Confirm submission by clicking only the marked checkbox:

Please remember that comments that are not related to this blog post may be ignored or deleted without notice. If you're looking for help on a topic you have already posted on BOB then please do not repost your question here.